Section 9-7-11.4 NMSA 1978:
The council shall:
(1) develop and implement a New Mexico strategic prevention and treatment of compulsive gambling plan;
(2) recommend to the department compulsive gambling prevention and treatment standards;
(3) collaborate with the appropriate state agencies to link compulsive gambling data collection and referral information to crisis response hotlines or youth and domestic violence initiatives;
(4) collaborate with the department to improve data collection regarding gambling-related suicide, bankruptcies and domestic violence;
(5) collaborate with the department and the aging and long-term services department to educate New Mexico seniors through prevention training and materials regarding the recognition and treatment of compulsive gambling problems; and
(6) develop and recommend to the governor a voluntary self-exclusion program.
F. Beginning in 2008, the council shall submit an annual report to the governor and the appropriate legislative interim committee reporting the key findings and progress on implementation of the New Mexico strategic prevention and treatment of compulsive gambling plan.
G. Two copies of the annual report shall be filed with the legislative council service library annually beginning in August 2008.
Source: Inventory of Statutory Executive Boards and Commissions, Legislative Council Service 2010 Update