66-3-1017. Off-highway motor vehicle advisory board created; members; compensation.
A. The "off-highway motor vehicle advisory board" is created to advise the department on matters related to administration of the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Act. The board shall consist of the following seven members appointed by the governor:
(1) one landowner living near a national forest or bureau of land management property that is used extensively for recreational off-highway vehicle activity;
(2) one producer or one grazing permittee on public lands from the farming or livestock industry;
(3) one person from the off-highway motor vehicle industry;
(4) one off-highway motor vehicle user;
(5) one hunter or angler;
(6) one quiet recreationalist, such as a hiker, backpacker, birdwatcher, equestrian, mountain biker, rock climber or archaeological enthusiast; and
(7) one member with expertise in injury prevention or treatment.
B. The board shall select a chair and a vice chair.
C. The board shall meet at the call of the chair but not less than twice annually.
D. Members shall be appointed to staggered terms of two years each; provided that no more than four terms expire in any one year. The board members shall select by lot four members to serve initial terms of three years each. A vacancy shall be filled by appointment of the governor for the remainder of the unexpired term. Members of the board shall be entitled to reimbursement pursuant to the Per Diem and Mileage Act [10-8-1
History: Laws 2005, ch. 325, § 19; 2009, ch. 53, § 9.
|James Randy Jones