Contact the Governor
Boards and Commissions
Public service volunteers are needed to fill New Mexico Professional Licensing Board Positions.
Is public service your passion? Have you wanted to get involved, but did not know how? This is a wonderful opportunity for citizens throughout New Mexico to learn about the various functions of state government as well as give back to the community. The New Mexico Professional Licensing Boards need your experience, talent and time!
The Governor’s Office is currently seeking public members for the following Professional Licensing Boards:
- NM Public Accountancy Board
- Board of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Animal Sheltering Committee
- Athletic Trainer Practice Board
- Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists
- Board of Examiners for Architects
- Chiropractic Board
- Dental Hygienists Committee
- State Board of Engineers and Professional Surveyors
- Interior Design Board
- Board of Landscape Architects
- Board of Massage Therapy
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Advisory Council
- Nutrition and Dietetics Practice Board
- Board of Examiners for Occupational Therapy
- Board of Optometry
- Board of Osteopathic Medicine
- Board of Pharmacy
- Physical Therapy Board
- Board of Podiatry
- Private Investigations Advisory Board
- State Board of Psychologist Examiners
- Real Estate Commission
- Advisory Board of Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Board of Social Work Examiners
- Speech Language Pathology Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensing Practices Board
- Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Board of Barbers & Cosmetologists
A public member cannot have a direct or indirect financial interest in the profession to which they are applying, nor can they hold a license in the profession to which they are applying.
The majority of the boards meet quarterly. Interested persons should direct any questions, their resume and letter of interest to Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates are being sought for the Compulsive Gambling Council.
The positions that need to be filled are:
- A member of a fraternal organization that sponsors gambling;
- Two persons with expertise in the field of compulsive gambling;
- Two Native American representatives from a tribe or pueblo with gaming operations;
- Two representatives of the non-Native American gaming industry;
- Two representatives from the behavioral health profession;
- Two representatives from the general public.
Council members serve voluntarily and receive no per diem for their services or travel expenses.
Those interested in serving on the council should indicate in their letter of interest one or more positions they are qualified to fill.
To apply, send a resume and letter of interest to Director of Boards and Commissions, Melissa Salazar at Melissa.Salazar3@state.nm.us. Applications are due Jan. 24.
Thank you for you interest in appointment to a Board or Commission in the Lujan Grisham Administration. Click here to complete the application and submit it along with the supporting material.
Get in touch with the Governor
Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham and her staff welcome your comments and concerns.
Connect with the Governor on Social Media
Follow the governor on social media in order to get the latest news and information.