1. Home
  2. Press Releases
  3. Governor’s Cabinet in Your Community: State agencies to lead direct constituent services outreach Saturday

Governor’s Cabinet in Your Community: State agencies to lead direct constituent services outreach Saturday

Aug 7, 2019 | Press Releases

SANTA FE – The Lujan Grisham administration is hosting the first Governor’s Cabinet in Your Community event Saturday, Aug. 10, in Albuquerque.

High-level representatives from departments and agencies across state government, including the Governor’s Office, will be on hand to field walk-in constituents. Constituents from farther afield are encouraged to call in.

State agencies will field all manner of constituent needs, including child care assistance, food assistance program enrollment, employment assistance, immunizations, well-water tests, local business consultation, driver license processing and many other items. A list of services that can be fulfilled by various agency representatives is included below.

“Effective constituent service is the beating heart of state government,” Gov. Lujan Grisham said. “If we want to develop trust in state government, if we want to deliver on transforming this state, we’ve got to show New Mexicans we mean business. This event, which will not be the last time key members of our administration make themselves directly available to our constituents across the state, is a demonstration of our commitment to the people’s business. I have no doubt we’ll have many happy customers Saturday.”

Participants may call into the event Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at this number: 505-476-2200.

Participants may visit at this address from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 10: Carpenters Local 1319 Union Hall, 3900 Pan American Fwy NE, Albuquerque, N.M., 87107.

For most services, participants are asked to bring a valid form of identification. Additional required documentation is noted below.

Representatives from the Department of Workforce Solutions can provide a wide variety of employment and unemployment assistance. Unemployment representatives will be on-hand to assist with uploading wage reports, filing electronic payments for payroll taxes, launching new unemployment claims, updating account information and many other general services. Employers can receive assistance in creating accounts, writing job descriptions, launching recruitment processes; they can also receive references of eligible candidates currently in the Workforce Solutions system. Job seekers will be assisted with resume creation, job search navigation, reviewing open jobs and referrals.

Representatives from the Human Services Department’s Income Support Division can help you enroll and learn more about potential eligibility in nutrition and health programs. Agency representatives will assist New Mexicans with eligibility and enrollment in Medicaid, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, the Low-Income Heating and Energy Assistance program, the Commodity Supplemental Food program and Temporary Emergency Food Assistance program. Participants are asked to bring the following: Last four weeks of pay for all applicants receiving any kind of income; identification; proof of citizenship or immigration status; and proof of out-of-pocket medical expenses for any disabled or elderly applicants. If you are unable to obtain any of the above, an ISD worker can assist at time of interview. For further assistance, you may apply online at: or call the customer service line at 800-283-4465.

Representatives from the Human Services Department’s Child Support Enforcement Division ask individuals seeking assistance with an existing case to bring their case number; date of birth; and a form of identification. Individuals who do not yet have an existing case and are interested in applying for services are asked to bring the following: the name of all parties involved (custodial parent, non-custodial parent, children); the address of all parties involved; dates of birth for all parties involved; Social Security Numbers of all parties involved; marriage and divorce dates; a court order, if one already exists; and a form of identification for the applicant.

Representatives from the Department of Health mobile unit can provide immunizations. Uninsured adults may receive Hepatitis A, Tdap and MMR vaccinations. Children may receive hepatitis A, hepatitis B, meningococcal, Tdap and HPV vaccinations. Participants are asked to bring the following: Immunization records. Please note: Families requiring the full complement of school-age vaccines will be referred to a local “Got Shots” event; the list can be found at

The Department of Health can field questions about the medical cannabis program, helping individuals check the status of a pending application; the developmental disabilities waiver program; WIC and other public health-related programs; and vital records, providing consultation on the documents required to receive a copy of a birth certificate (please note: vital records requests will require $10 via cash, check or money order).

Representatives from the Taxation and Revenue Department’s Unclaimed Property Unit can help individuals search for money or accounts they may be owed and to assist through the process of filing a claim. The agency’s Taxpayer Advocate will be available to answer questions, helping ensure an individual’s rights under the state’s Taxpayer Bill of Rights are protected.

Representatives from the Motor Vehicle Division can process driver licenses and also conduct title work and registrations. The MVD Call Center will also be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 888-683-4636 (888-MVD-INFO). To obtain a REAL ID license or ID, please see this link for required documentation. To obtain a driver authorization card, please see this link for required documentation. Information about registration renewals can be found here and information about registering a new or used vehicle for the first time can be found here.

Representatives from the Economic Development Department can assist local businesses with a wide variety of services and answer questions about the New Mexico film industry. Personnel will be available to assist local businesses with expansion, retention and training questions; outline state and federal assistance programming that can be made available to local businesses; and answer questions about how to register one’s business as a New Mexico vendor and how to become an extra in a film or television production, among other areas.

Representatives from the General Services Department can answer questions about contracting with the state to provide goods or services, how to report suspected abuse of a government vehicle, the monthly public sale of cars and other government surplus goods, leasing a building to government, state printing services for nonprofits, health benefits for state employees and more.

Representatives from the Aging and Long-Term Services Department can receive reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation; assist individuals, families and caregivers with transitioning to long-term care facilities; answer questions about care in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities and the general aging network and resources.

Representatives from the Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management can provide information about flood insurance, wildfire risks, general preparedness and the agency’s mission in general, among other items.

Representatives from the Environment Department can provide free private well-water testing for the first 150 homeowners (first-come, first served). The department will test for arsenic, electrical conductivity, fluoride, iron, nitrate, pH and sulfate. Participants are asked to fill a clean glass or plastic container with at least a quart or liter. If your home has a whole house filtration system, collect the sample at the well head prior to any filtration or softener systems, if possible. Let the water run 2-3 minutes before collecting the sample.

The Environment Department’s Occupational Health and Safety Bureau can offer general workplace safety information, answer technical questions and provide guidance on requesting free and confidential business assistance.

Representatives from the Department of Public Safety’s Law Enforcement Records Bureau can accept completed concealed carry applications, accept crash report requests, conduct name-based/New Mexico background checks and field questions about the sex offender registry, missing person clearinghouse, expungements and pardons. Government-issued identification is required for background checks and concealed carry applications.

Representatives of the State Personnel Office can help you learn more about working for state government, how to apply for a career and check in on the status of an application. For the latter service, participants are asked to bring the Job Opening ID or position number.

Representatives of the Children, Youth and Families Department can help individuals sign up for child care assistance. Agency personnel will also conduct referrals for individuals interested in home-visiting services, prekindergarten, early intervention and Head Start services. Personnel from Protective Services will be on hand to discuss adoption and fostering for interested participants.

The Workers’ Compensation Administration can answer general workers’ compensation questions from workers and employers, and will assist in getting appropriate forms completed if necessary to pursue formal action in a workers’ compensation injury claim.

Press Release Archive



The Office of Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham is located on the fourth floor of the New Mexico State Capitol in Room 400.

490 Old Santa Fe Trail Room 400
Santa Fe, NM 87501

Phone: (505) 476-2200
Toll free: (833) 520-0020

Flag Status

Flag Status Full Mast