State government rapid hire sees phenomenal turnout on day one
Over 1,200 job applicants processed Wednesday
ALBUQUERQUE – The office of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham announced Wednesday that more than 1,200 job applicants attended and were processed on day one of the New Mexico state government rapid hire event at Tingley Coliseum.
Thousands of New Mexicans attended the first day of the hiring event aimed at fast-tracking hiring for hundreds of state government vacancies across the state, announced last week by Gov. Lujan Grisham. Taking place at Tingley Coliseum at EXPO New Mexico in Albuquerque, the intake and interview processes ran smoothly and successfully, operated by State Personnel Office and agency human resources employees.
In addition to the in-person interviews, nearly one hundred applicants were interviewed remotely by video conference at local Workforce Connection offices across the state.
“I am absolutely thrilled by the turnout today and the enthusiasm of so many New Mexicans who want to come work with us,” Gov. Lujan Grisham said. “We have so many opportunities, and I hope New Mexicans continue to turn out through the week to learn more about how they can put their skills to work in delivering a responsive and proactive state government for their neighbors.”
The rapid hire event continues tomorrow, Thursday, Dec. 12. Applicants will be received from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Tingley Coliseum. Not every state agency is present at the rapid hire event each day – the following agencies will be conducting interviews on Thursday:
– Aging and Long Term Services, Department of
– Children, Youth, and Families, Department of
– General Services, Department of
– Health, Department of
– Homeland Security & Emergency Management, Department of
– Human Services, Department of
– Information Technology, Department of
– Military Affairs, Department of
– Taxation and Revenue, Department of
– Transportation, Department of
– Veteran Services, Department of
– Workers Compensation Administration
More information and all available positions can be found here.